Globalization and Localization in CALL 2008
Hotel Ciputra Jakarta, Jakarta, 7-9 November 2008 &
Quality Hotel Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, 10-12 November 2008
GLoCALL 2008 invites proposals for presentations that are related to computer-assisted language learning. Proposals for Papers (35 minutes), Symposia (120 minutes) and Poster sessions should be submitted via the GLoCALL Website (http://glocall.org/) by 1 July 2008.
Proposals are encouraged within the sub-themes below, but are not limited to:
- application of technology to the language classroom
- localizing Internet materials to the classroom
- using the Internet for cultural exchange
- managing multimedia/hypermedia environments
- e-learning, collaborative learning and blended learning
- emerging technologies
- fostering autonomous learning through technology
- Web 2.0 and language learning
- training language teachers in e-learning environments
The conference takes the form of a 'travelling roadshow' with Organizing Committee members, plenary speakers and whoever else wishes to give presentations at both locations. Presenters from outside Indonesia are particularly encouraged to submit multiple proposals, covering both 'state of the art' themes as well as 'practical training' so that participants with varying levels of CALL experience will be able to benefit from conference participation.
For further details, please visit: http://glocall.org/