Call for Proposals for the Electronic Village Online 2006
The CALL Interest Section of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL) offers language teachers world-wide the opportunity to participate in the Electronic Village Online (EVO), a professional development project and virtual extension of the TESOL 2006 Convention in Tampa Bay, Florida, USA. The free 6-week sessions allow participants to engage in online discussion and/or short hands-on workshops on topics of professional interest in the field of ESL/EFL. TESOL member groups, in particular, are invited to sponsor sessions related to convention presentations.
If you would like to moderate an EVO session, please indicate your interest to the EVO Coordinating Team (addresses below), with a copy to your potential sponsoring member group. Include the following information in your Proposal:
1. The title of your online session
2. A brief description of the content (an abstract)
3. The target audience and potential member group sponsor
4. A week-by-week outline of the proposed activities during the 6-week period (Your timeline should include a week for introductions and familiarization with the interface and a closing week for evaluations, completion of projects, and accompanying discussions.)
5. The communication media expected to be used (discussion postings only, chat, Website, relevant links, etc.)
6. An indication of your willingness to complete Moderator training and a commitment to holding the session in the timeframe indicated
7. A brief biographical statement (50 words) and a link to your Website (if available)
Deadline: September 15, 2005.
Training session: October 10-November 14, 2005 (5 weeks)
EVO Session registration: January 1-16, 2006
EVO Sessions: January 16-February 26, 2006
For further details about EVO (including links to last year's
sessions), see: http://webpages.csus.edu/~hansonsm/CfP_2006.html
The EVO sessions are free and voluntary. They are not a part of TESOL's Principles and Practices of Online Teaching Certificate Program. For information about this program, please contact TESOL at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Website at http://www.tesol.org/ and click on Online Education in the Professional Development tab.